- Group Yoga Classes: Breath focused slow, yet strong hatha yoga classes, that incorporate a variety of grounding traditions including Forrest Yoga, Pralaya Yoga, Tibetan Heart Yoga, and other practices (e.g. Acro Yoga, Pilates, energy work and Reiki). This practice includes a physical approach to strength, stability and flexibility, and a focus on the subtle body, service, compassion, and meditation.
- Private and Semi-Private Yoga Lessons: Tailored to your specific needs, desires and goals, private classes are personal, fun and challenging. Private classes allow beginners to safely learn yoga basics. Private classes are an excellent format for intermediate and advanced students and teachers to deepen their own personal exploration of breath, body and spirit.
- Yoga Nidra: Yoga Nidra is a guided meditation practice that you do lying down on your back or side, supported by blankets and pillows! Through the practice of Yoga Nidra your brain effortlessly transitions into an altered state of consciousness that helps you relax, focus, and sleep better. In Yoga Nidra meditation you’ll be guided through a short, all level yoga practice, followed by full body relaxation mediation. Yoga Nidra can be effective at bringing the mind into a theta, delta state (the space of healing) or deeper state of relaxation and is endorsed by the US Army Surgeon General and Defense Centers of Excellence as a complementary and alternative medicine in the treatment of trauma and PTSD. If you haven’t experienced this practice before you are in for a deep and restorative experience. Some people say it is #lifechanging
- Intro to Yoga: For beginners or anyone who needs a reintroduction to asana (physical postures), pranayama (breathing exercises/techniques) and meditation. We move slowly and you learn basic poses across the spectrum of Hatha Yoga.
- Yoga for Athletes: You already have a physical practice, yoga complements and supports you with core stability, breathing techniques, focus, mindfulness, visualization and relaxation.
- Yoga for Lawyers: Grounded in my training as a lawyer, these specifically tailored class sequences work to strengthen the core and ease the stress associated with sitting, reading and thinking.
- Yoga for Musicians: Using props to support your fingers and wrists, this class strengthens your core while connecting you more deeply to your breath and your passion.
- Justine is honored to teach the French Horn students in Houston Symphony’s Robert Johnson’s studio at the University of Houston Moore’s School of Music.
- Yoga for Public Speaking: Grounded in my training as a yoga teacher and news producer for ABC & BBC News, this workshop focuses on using the breath and other yoga techniques to feel confident, energized and grounded while teaching or presenting.
Please contact me directly for information regarding all private classes and yoga workshops. I am available to plan successful and useful yoga based experiences for individuals, groups and corporate events.